N.I.C.E. Collective is a modern fashion and lifestyle brand that designs widely adaptable clothing and accessories for men and women through a fusion of art, music, science, fashion, people, and innovative ideas.
Our mission is to evolve N.I.C.E. Collective from a heavily-followed, niche brand into a targeted, commercially successful business with purpose: one which invents utilitarian design solutions, seeks to facilitate social change and aspires to utopian ideals of function, interaction, community, and optimism.
In 1997, the brand was born from the use of repurposed materials and military detailing with a focus on functionality and ingenuity, all designed and produced in the Bay Area. The brand has since earned a reputation for its authenticity, innovation, and quality. The product is available worldwide in select, high-end retailers and boutiques such as Barneyʼs New York, Isetan in Japan and Odin in New York and soon at our re-engineered E-commerce and retail stores.
With an unwillingness to compromise, N.I.C.E. Collective's unchartered path of brand communication, visionary exchange of ideas/data/culture and industrial/organic voice has evoked a loyal, creative, adventurous and pioneering army of supporters.
N.I.C.E. Collective calls for adventure and soulful abandon. Our message: Living oneʼs life to the fullest is an act of rebellion.
Position : Web Developer
Location : San Francisco, CA
Job Purpose :
To lead, build and implement a scalable digital and E-commerce platform for a fast-growing, apparel brand with a focus on direct-to- consumer sales channels in addition to existing wholesale business. To drive the brandʼs desire to change the game of the digital, consumer experience via the Brand and E- commerce platforms on a technological level and to create a user-friendly, traffic system for marketing multi- faceted content.
To drive the brandʼs desire to change the game of the digital, consumer experience via the Brand and E- commerce platforms on a technological level and to create a user-friendly, traffic system for marketing multi- faceted content.
- Director of Operations (Budget, timeline)
- Heads of Design (Creative Direction)
- Web Designer
- Manager, Marketing (Content)
- Business Development (Strategy)
- Lead the building of the digital infrastructure, see through its implementation
- Develop the digital roadmap and making vetted and proven recommendations for reaching the Brandʼs digital objectives in presentation, E-commerce and the overall consumer experience
- Shape and put into motion creative and globally applicable strategies
- Develop, communicate and deliver the framework to operationalize seamless execution of all Brand Marketing initiatives across Design, Sales and Marketing from creative direction to communicating to the consumer
- Develop, maintain and optimize front-end and back-end software solutions
- Research and recommend new technologies, an overall systems, architecture vision and standards
- Provide consulting services and direction to our internal and outsourced development teams to ensure specific components are appropriately designed and leveraged (e.g., data architecture, application architecture, technical architecture)
- Work with internal Project Managers and Team Leaders and our internal or external customers to define and map critical stakeholder requirements into an executable and achievable architecture, timelines, and deliverables
- Create functional design documents, translate business requirements, create conceptual and detail designs to the development teams
- Carry out web design activities and sight maintenance
- Implement and maintain site presentation taking into account UI and graphics
- Develop from a multichannel perspective
- Develop and optimize front-end UI functionality to ensure that web applications are rendered consistently in cross-browser environment
- A passion for creative work that resonates on an emotional level
- Strong communication skills: written and verbal
- Superior organizational skills, priority setting and time management
- Excellent people management ability
- Excellent presentation skills
- Must be detail orientated, is able work with tight deadlines and needs to be extremely well organized
- Result oriented, proactive and spirit of initiative
- Launch E-commerce: June 2012 (Phase 1 if more are required)
- Maintain and re-engineer the digital, consumer experience (on-going)
- Start date : Immediate
- Salary : TBD
- Full-time, in-house position
Areas of Focus :
- Web Project Management
- Web Development and Software Development
- Back End Platform Architect
- Storage & Database Administration
- Interface Design
- Web Interface Development
- IT Infrastructure